Monday, 19 November 2007
They are a direct sales company that started in America some 20 years ago. Their forte is rubber stamping, and they have branched out in accessories as well, mainly for cardmaking, but obviously incorporating scrapbooking, and other paper crafts too. Think Tupperware, but stamps!
So, I then had to wait for the date that all this was going to happen by. Eventually it was released that it would be 15th November. *drums fingertips* Rumours that the catalogue would be online prior to that date never actually came to fruition, so on the long awaited Glorious Fifteenth the catalogue was viewable. Yummy yummy gorgeous themed stamp sets, and the most amazing ideas of what you could create with them, so I signed up. I'm now official ... and still waiting! For my starter kit so that I can play and start ordering some more.
Tuesday, 6 November 2007
I'm thrilled that I have been bitten by the stamping bug, now I can finally get to use all the stamps I have been hoarding but not using for years. I'm counting the days til 15th November when I can sign up as one of the very first demonstrators for Stampin' Up in the UK.
Tuesday, 16 October 2007
But I've missed having somewhere to put my creations, if only for my own benefit. I have my lovely team challenge thread, but I can't take all of that up! So, after being tagged by TCake, I thought it would give me the incentive to start one up again. And all I need now is for it to stop raining so that I can get outside and take some pics.
So, seven unusual/weird facts about myself, hmmmmm ...
1. I have an uncle (by marriage) who was eaten by a dinosaur.
2. I was an army child and moved 14 times, between 5 countries, by the time I was 21. At 24 I bought a house, and haven't moved since!
3. I once made a film to help train young soldiers. I had to pretend to be a terrorist, and then the soldiers had a week to try and locate me. I thought they hadn't spotted me at all, but at the end of the week there were hundreds of pictures of me where I had been "snapped".
4. I prefer to eat cake mixture raw.
5. I named my firstborn child after my favourite restaurant.
6. About 5 stone ago I could put my leg behind my head.
7. When I am nervous, I count. Footsteps, breaths, blinks, traffic ...
I'll tag any of my teamies who read this - you know who you are!